Holiday Nail Designs for Beginners
So the holidays and special occasions roll around time after time, and getting your nails professionally done isn’t getting any cheaper. Why not be artistic and learn a few tricks of the trade for yourself?
Gather some colorful nail polish shades, a base coat, a topcoat, some glitter polish and iridescent coats, decals and appliqués, and miniature paintbrushes (or lacking those, pointed toothpicks), and prepare for some creative fun! Don’t forget some paper towels, nail polish remover for boo-boos, cotton balls and a piece of cardboard to use as a pallet if you wish to blend colors. With the help of your Painting Kits, you can get your nails done, create valentine Day’s cards, and many other things effectively.
Valentine’s Day Designs:
– Gather shades of red, white and pink. Do a faux French manicure by painting the base coats pink and allowing them to dry, followed by painting the tips white and allowing those to dry. Add a special touch on your thumb or pinky by painting a tiny red heart. If you have any available, an appliqué or decal may dress the nails up a bit.
– Paint a basic coat of pink or red followed by a shimmery topcoat or iridescent glass.
– On a solid backdrop, paint a few hearts for the occasion. Put someone special’s initials on them for a Valentine’s secret…!
St. Patrick’s Day Designs:
– Tap into the luck of the Irish with some designs specially tailored for this holiday. Paint your nails in basic shades of green or patterns using different green hues.
– Create a funky green and white French manicure by painting a green or white base coat and tips of the alternate color. If you wish, paint a shamrock or four-leaf clover on one or two special nails.
– Paint nails green or white with clovers or shamrocks, or add themed appliqués or decals… or paint nails solid green and add a layer of gold glitter topcoat.
– Paint nails all the same shade of a pretty pastel color. Add appliqués or decals if desired.
– If you are feeling extra creative, paint a bunny or a chick on your thumb or pinky.
– Paint nails in alternating pastel shades or do a French manicure with two pastel colors.
Memorial Day, Fourth of July or Labor Day Designs:
– Paint nails in alternating colors – red, white and blue.
– Paint thumbnails blue with white stars delicately painted or decals applied, or use a simple topcoat of silver glitter. Paint the rest of your nails red with white stripes.
– Lose the patriotism for some crazy summer designs – using a tiny paintbrush or toothpick, paint some palm trees, flamingos, soft drinks or cocktails, sunshine, sunglasses, and waves.
– Paint your nails all black for a dark look, all orange for a festive look or alternating in shades of both for the best of both worlds.
– Try to find glow-in-the-dark nail polish so you can sneak up on your friends and family at night and give them a scare!
– Find a color or style that complements your Halloween costume. Go dazzling and beautiful with a set of fake nails and a pretty color that matches your outfit, or go gruesome and scary with black, green or dark brown nails. Red makes for a great vampire!
Christmas and New Year’s Designs:
– Paint nails in a simple, solid shade with tiny paintings of wreaths, holly berries, snowflakes, snowmen, and other Christmas and winter delights.
– Use pale shades of blues, grays and white to make a wintry scene come alive on your nails.
– Adorn your nails with appliqués of a loved one’s initials, your own initial or a small, intricate decoration that you like. First, paint your nails in a new shade you haven’t tried before, but be sure that it matches whatever you plan to wear over the holidays. Silvers, purples, tans, and maroons may accent clothing especially nicely, but match your color choice to the outfit you plan to wear for the evening. Going in strappy heels? Don’t forget to paint your tootsies!